SemCAMS Midstream ULC is proud to offer innovative midstream solutions to our natural gas partners. Based in Calgary, Alberta, SemCAMS Midstream is one of the province’s largest licensed sour gas processors with assets located in central Alberta.
If you are interested in joining this dynamic and growing company, SemCAMS Midstream is currently looking for an Operations Supervisor. Reporting to the Senior Operations Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day supervising and coaching of site operations staff and to ensure work is performed in accordance with applicable standards, policies, practices and regulatory requirements.
As an Operations Supervisor your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the day to day supervision, guidance, and coaching of operating crew including participating in the recruitment process, operator training and development, and performance management
- Monitoring of KPI’s and holding employees accountable for performing work in accordance with Company standards, policies, practices and regulatory requirements
- Chief power engineer coverage as required
- Perform plant tours and safety audits to identify improvement opportunities
- Provide expertise to operating crews and other departments
- Participate in staff and safety meetings
- Responsible for operating budget
- Responsible for supporting Maintenance, Engineering, AIMS, and the K3 leadership team in the area of risk assessments, resource support allocation, work scheduling and meeting producer and owner need
- Power Engineer Certificate
- Positive progression to a 1st Class Power Engineering certificate will be considered an asset
- 7-10 years of industrial plant experience, sour gas plant process experience
- Previous experience in a leadership role will be considered an asset
- Experience managing in a union environment will be considered an asset
- A strong understanding of applicable safety codes act, industry standards and regulations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interface positively with site stakeholders and team environment
- Strong organizational, time management,
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Internal applicants should discuss their candidacy, including availability with their Team leader. Please forward your resume and cover letter by April 15, 2019;
SemCAMS Midstream ULC
Irvin Bignell, Senior Operations Supervisor
We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.